Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Rocks and deposits
Solid masses that make up the earth's crust as well as accumulations of materials. Use for major rock types and unconsolidated deposits. For deposits of economic value, see related terms.
This category is also used for crystals, lithology, and rock composition.
- Methods to create GIS styles with examples for lithology and time [New Window]
- Methods used to create several styles for lithology or geologic time, including style files for Lithclass lithologic categories, and ISC and DNAG timescales.
- A geochemical isotopic (Nd-Pb) comparison of volcanic rocks erupted during the last 3,550 yrs. B.P. of interplinian activity of Somma-Vesuvius Volcano, southern Italy [New Window]
- Nd and Pb isotopic analyses from stratigraphic sampling from Somma-Vesuvius volcanic complex, Italy, during the last 3550 years point to contributions from heterogeneous lithosphere, continental crust, and magma mixing.
- Chemical Composition of Samples Collected from Waste Rock Dumps and Other Mining-Related Features at Selected Phosphate Mines in Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah [New Window]
- Chemical analyses for 31 samples collected from various phosphate mine sites in southeastern Idaho (25), northern Utah (2), and western Wyoming (4)
- Complete analytical data for Jurassic igneous rocks in the Bald Mountain mining district, Nevada [New Window]
- Petrographic and geochemical analyses of 50 outcrop samples and 58 drill core samples.
- Cretaceous magmatic rocks of Alaska [New Window]
- Data derived from the 1994 map "Latest Cretaceous and Cenozoic magmatic rocks of Alaska" compiled by E.J. Moll-Stalcup, D.A. Brew, and T.L. Vallier, published (at 1:2,500,000 scale) in volume G-1 of "The Geology of Alaska" (GSA)
- Distribution of igneous rocks in Medina and Uvalde counties, Texas, as inferred from aeromagnetic data [New Window]
- High resolution aeromagnetic survey used to infer the locations of igneous rock bodies in the area, which are provided in GIS data files
- Isotopic ages of rocks in the northern Front Range, Colorado [New Window]
- Maps, tables, and GIS data for isotopic ages determined in the northern part of the study area.
- Net acid production, acid neutralizing capacity, and associated geophysical, mineralogical, and geochemical characteristics of Animas River watershed rocks near Silverton, Colorado [New Window]
- Geochemical analysis of rock samples focusing on characteristics relevant to mine cleanup discussions
- Net acid production, acid neutralizing capacity, and associated mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of Animas River watershed igneous rocks near Silverton, Colorado [New Window]
- Chemical analysis of altered volcanic rocks to determine their potential for neutralization of acid-rock drainage. Includes magnetic susceptibility measurements as well.
- Physical, chemical, and mineralogical data from surficial deposits, groundwater levels, and water composition in the area of Franklin Lake playa and Ash Meadows, California and Nevada [New Window]
- Presents data and describes the methods used to determine the physical attributes, as well as the chemical and mineralogical composition of surficial deposits; groundwater levels; and water composition in this area.