Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
A generally finely crystalline or glassy igneous rock resulting from volcanic action at or near the earth's surface, either ejected explosively or extruded as lava. The term includes near-surface intrusions that form a part of the volcanic structure.
This category is also used for lava, pyroclastic, tuff, and volcanic ash.
- A geochemical isotopic (Nd-Pb) comparison of volcanic rocks erupted during the last 3,550 yrs. B.P. of interplinian activity of Somma-Vesuvius Volcano, southern Italy [New Window]
- Nd and Pb isotopic analyses from stratigraphic sampling from Somma-Vesuvius volcanic complex, Italy, during the last 3550 years point to contributions from heterogeneous lithosphere, continental crust, and magma mixing.
- Bedrock geologic map of the Ashland and the northern part of the Ironwood 30 min X 60 min quadrangles, Wisconsin and Michigan [New Window]
- Geophysical, geochemical, mineralogical, and enivronmental data for rock samples collected in a mineralized volcanic environment, upper Animas River watershed, Colorado [New Window]
- Data for 90 rock samples collected from 2001 to 2007 for geophysical, geochemical, mineralogical, and environmental rock properties of acid neutralizing capacity and net acid production.
- Net acid production, acid neutralizing capacity, and associated mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of Animas River watershed igneous rocks near Silverton, Colorado [New Window]
- Chemical analysis of altered volcanic rocks to determine their potential for neutralization of acid-rock drainage. Includes magnetic susceptibility measurements as well.
- Alaska Geochemical Database [New Window]
- Geochemical analyses of rock, sediment, soil, mineral, and heavy mineral concentrate samples in Alaska analyzed from 1962 through 2009
- Alaska Geochemical Database (AGDB)-Geochemical data for rock, sediment, soil, mineral, and concentrate sample media [New Window]
- Geochemical analyses of rocks, mineral separates, bulk samples from lake and stream sediments, heavy mineral concentrates, and soils collected by USGS from 1962 to 2009.
- Bedrock Geologic Map of the Port Wing, Solon Springs, and Parts of the Duluth and Sandstone 30' X 60' Quadrangles, Wisconsin [New Window]
- Geochronology and geology of late Oligocene through Miocene volcanism and mineralization in the western San Juan mountains, Colorado [New Window]
- New age determinations with descriptions of sample locations and analytical details.
- Geologic and mineralogic controls on acid and metal-rich rock drainage in an alpine watershed, Handcard Gulch, Colorado [New Window]
- Mineralogical data on samples from the surface and from drill cores, with geological observations help to understand the hydrology and effects of geology on acid-rock drainage in a mineralized alpine watershed.
- Rare earth element mineralogy, geochemistry, and preliminary resource assessment of the Khanneshin carbonatite complex, Helmand Province, Afghanistan [New Window]
- Geological setting, characteristics of the deposit itself, and detailed geochemical analyses of rocks in and around the deposit.