Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
This category is also used for Er.
- Aquatic assessment of the Ely Copper Mine Superfund site, Vershire, Vermont [New Window]
- A wide variety of geochemical analyses show strong local impact on water quality in this area of historical copper mining.
- Aqueous geochemical data from the analysis of stream-water samples collected in June and August 2008--Taylor Mountains 1:250,000- and Dillingham D-4 1:63,360-scale quadrangles, Alaska [New Window]
- Measurements on 92 samples, including pH, conductivity, water temperature, major cation and anion concentrations, and trace-element concentrations.
- Aqueous geochemical data from the analysis of stream-water samples collected in June and July 2006-Taylor Mountains 1:250,00-scale quadrangle, Alaska [New Window]
- Analyses of 72 water samples include pH, conductivity, water temperature, major cation and anion concentrations, trace-element concentrations, and dissolved organic-carbon concentrations.
- Geochemical data from waters in Prospect Gulch, San Juan County, Colorado, that span pre- and post-Lark Mine remediation [New Window]
- Water samples near this abandoned mine were analyzed for specific conductance, pH, temperature, and dissolved oxygen with handheld field meters, and metals were analyzed using inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry.
- Local-area-enhanced, 2.5-meter resolution natural-color and color-infrared satellite-image mosaics of the Khanneshin mineral district in Afghanistan [New Window]
- GeoTIFF rendition of locally enhanced ALOS image mosaics for this area known to contain rare-earth element deposits.
- Rare earth element mineralogy, geochemistry, and preliminary resource assessment of the Khanneshin carbonatite complex, Helmand Province, Afghanistan [New Window]
- Geological setting, characteristics of the deposit itself, and detailed geochemical analyses of rocks in and around the deposit.
- Review of samples of water, sediment, tailings, and biota at the Little Bonanza mercury mine, San Luis Obispo County, California [New Window]
- Data from field sampling of mine tailings, wasterock, sediment, water, and biota at the mine in 2010. Results permit a preliminary assessment of the mining sources of Hg and associated chemicals that could produce elevated levels of monomethylmercury.
- Spring runoff water-chemistry data from the Standard Mine and Elk Creek, Gunnison County, Colorado, 2010 [New Window]
- Periodic sampling of water during the spring of 2010 was carried out to understand the range and timing of variation in pH and metal concentration, and help evaluate variation in water quality during spring runoff.
- Geospatial database for regional environmental assessment of central Colorado [New Window]
- Study focusing on the effects of historical mining on Forest Service lands in this area.
- National Geochemical Database: Rock [New Window]
- Geochemical analysis of rock samples collected and analyzed by the USGS. This dataset includes and supersedes rock data formerly released as "Geochemistry of igneous rocks in the US extracted from the PLUTO database"
- Rare earth element mines, deposits, and occurrences [New Window]
- Location, geologic and mineral economic data for world rare earth mines, deposits, and occurrences compiled from published and non-published sources. Geographic coordinates are provided for 577 of the 799 deposits described here.