Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Use of a specialized instrument for measuring the earth's gravity at a given location.
This category is also used for gravimetry, and gravimetric methods.
- Introduction to potential fields: gravity [New Window]
- Explanation of the Earth's gravitational field, emphasizing how USGS scientists measure gravity and portray these measurements on maps. Explains terminology of gravity anomaly maps and their relationship to the rock types and other geologic features.
- Principal facts for gravity stations and physical property measurements in the Lake Mead 30'x60' quadrangle, Nevada and Arizona [New Window]
- Gravity data were collected in support of geologic mapping of the quadrangle. In addition, older gravity data were reprocessed for consistency and included, as well as 250 measurements of density and magnetic susceptibility.
- A preliminary investigation of the structure of southern Yucca Flat, Massachusetts Mountain, and CP basin, Nevada Test Site, Nevada, based on geophysical modeling [New Window]
- Maps showing aeromagnetic survey results, locations of gravity station data, and discussions of processing within the report
- Aeromagnetic and gravity data over the central Transantarctic Mountains (CTAM), Antarctica [New Window]
- Gridded and tabular magnetic data and gravity station observations. Maps depicting the data are included in the report.
- Aeromagnetic and gravity surveys in Afghanistan [New Window]
- Collection of historical gravity and aeromagnetic data in Afghanistan (1911 through 1967)
- Aeromagnetic data centered over Skelton Neve, Antarctica [New Window]
- Gridded aeromagnetic and ground-based gravity station data
- Aeromagnetic, gravity anomaly, and derivative maps of the Craig and Dixon Entrance 1°x3° quadrangles of southeastern Alaska [New Window]
- A simplified geologic map, raw gravity and magnetic data, with derivative products including depth-to-source and rock densities, with limited interpretations of the underlying geology, structures, and mineral resources.
- Airborne gravity survey and ground gravity in Afghanistan [New Window]
- Data release and processing description of airborne and ground gravity data collected over Afghanistan
- Arizona aeromagnetic and gravity maps and data [New Window]
- Aeromagnetic surveys of Arizona, merged to form seamless grids across the state. Gravity anomaly data are provided as well.
- Arkansas and Louisiana aeromagnetic and gravity maps and data [New Window]
- Aeromagnetic surveys of Arkansas and Louisiana, merged to form seamless grids across the states. Gravity anomaly data are provided as well.