Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Use of specialized instruments designed to measure the earth's magnetic field at a given location.
This category is also used for magnetometry.
- Aeromagnetic survey in Afghanistan [New Window]
- Digital files and descriptions of airborne and ground collected magnetic data in Afghanistan
- Aeromagnetic surveys in Yukon Flats Alaska [New Window]
- Flight-line data from the aeromagnetic survey
- Concepts and procedures required for successful reduction of tensor magnetic gradiometer data obtained from an unexploded ordnance detection demonstration at Yuma Proving Grounds, Arizona [New Window]
- Report discussing application of specialized instrumentation for detecting unexploded ordnance.
- Digital aeromagnetic data from the Sandoval-Santa Fe, Belen, and Cochiti airborne survey, covering areas in Rio Arriba, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Socorro, and Valencia Counties, New Mexico [New Window]
- Grids and flight-line data for three airborne geophysical surveys
- Digitized data from ground geophysical surveys in Afghanistan [New Window]
- Surveys originally carried out by Soviet geophysicists from 1972 through 1974 were digitized. Georeferencing was problematic as were some of the measured characteristics; we explain what we did and how we have understood these data.
- Geophysical data from the Spring and Snake Valleys area, Nevada and Utah [New Window]
- Existing and new gravity station data and magnetometer measurements used to infer geologic structure of this area
- Geophysical interpretations of the southern Española Basin, New Mexico, that contribute to understanding its hydrogeologic framework [New Window]
- Geophysical interpretation of the southern Española basin for the purpose of understanding the hydrogeologic framework including shallow faults, igneous units, and basement rocks
- Gravity and magnetic data along a seismic refraction-reflection line in northwest Nevada and northeast California [New Window]
- Report with gravity station data in a spreadsheet
- Gravity and magnetic data in the vicinity of Virgin Valley, southern Nevada [New Window]
- Field measurements: 548 gravity and 6484 magnetic anomaly locations, data in fixed-format text files.
- Gravity and magnetic surveys over the Santa Rita fault system, southeastern Arizona [New Window]
- Gravity station data and hand-held magnetometer measurements with analysis and description of methodology
- Gravity, magnetic, and physical property data in the Smoke Creek Desert area, Northwest Nevada [New Window]
- Aerial, truck-towed, and hand-held magnetometer measurements, gravity station data, and sample density and magnetic susceptibility measures
- Ground magnetic data from within the Long Valley Caldera, California [New Window]
- Results of a detailed ground magnetic survey
- Ground-magnetic studies of the Amargosa desert region, California and Nevada [New Window]
- Hand-held magnetometer and sample magnetic susceptibility measurements used to help interpret complex patterns in the magnetic anomaly of this area.
- High-resolution aeromagnetic survey to image shallow faults, Poncha Springs and vicinity, Chaffee county, Colorado [New Window]
- Survey to map concealed faults that may be related to geothermal resources, such as hot springs; data given are surface locations of faults interpreted from the survey.
- Introduction to potential fields: magnetics [New Window]
- Explanation of the Earth's magnetic field and how USGS measures it. Defines magnetic anomaly, induced and remanent magnetism in rocks, and describes magnetic anomaly maps.
- Magnetic map of the Irish Hills and surrounding areas, San Luis Obispo County, central California [New Window]
- Database includes new helicopter aeromagnetic data, point locations of the local maximum horizontal gradient derived from the aeromagnetic data, and physical property data.
- Magnetic properties of Quaternary deposits, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska -- Implications for aeromagnetic anomalies of Upper Cook Inlet [New Window]
- Magnetic susceptibility measurements with statistical analysis
- Preliminary gravity and magnetic data of the Lake Pillsbury northern Coast Ranges, California [New Window]
- Report with excel tables showing principal facts (gravity observation data) and ground magnetic data.