Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Introduction of harmful substances into the environment by manufacturing, power generation, mining, or material processing.
This category is also used for PCBs, and polychlorinated biphenyls.
- Geochemical analysis of soils and sediments, Coeur d'Alene drainage basin, Idaho: Sampling, analytical methods, and results [New Window]
- Chemical composition of sediments and soils are of interest because of the potential for human and wildlife health impacts from high metal contents due to over 100 years of mining activity.
- Review of samples of tailings, soils and stream sediment adjacent to and downstream from the Ruth Mine, Inyo County, California [New Window]
- Detailed study of mine waste material and sediments from streams passing through it. Arsenic is the main contaminant of interest here.
- Aquatic assessment of the Ely Copper Mine Superfund site, Vershire, Vermont [New Window]
- A wide variety of geochemical analyses show strong local impact on water quality in this area of historical copper mining.
- Case study of the environmental signature of a recently abandoned, carbonate-hosted replacement deposit: The Clayton Mine, Idaho [New Window]
- Multi-element geochemical analysis of host rock, ore, mine waste, flotation-mill tailings, slag, stream sediments, creek and adit waters, and leachates of mine waste and mill tailings.
- Chemical Composition of Samples Collected from Waste Rock Dumps and Other Mining-Related Features at Selected Phosphate Mines in Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah [New Window]
- Chemical analyses for 31 samples collected from various phosphate mine sites in southeastern Idaho (25), northern Utah (2), and western Wyoming (4)
- Chemical data for rock, sediment, biological, precipitate, and water samples from abandoned copper mines in Prince William Sound, Alaska [New Window]
- Report containing tables of geochemical data
- Concentrations and bioaccessibility of metals in vegetation and dust near a mining haul road, Cape Krusenstern National Monument, Alaska [New Window]
- Samples of surficial materials analyzed for aluminum, barium, cadmium, lead, and zinc concentrations.
- Determination of premining geochemical background and delineation of extent of sediment contamination in Blue Creek downstream from Midnite Mine, Stevens county, Washington [New Window]
- Geochemical and radionuclide analyses of surface samples and cores taken near the outflow of this old uranium mine.
- Digital map of surficial geology, wetlands, and deepwater habitats, Coeur d'Alene river valley, Idaho [New Window]
- Details of materials and geologic environments in an area where a long history of mining has enriched stream sediments in silver, lead, zinc, arsenic, antimony and mercury, copper, cadmium, manganese, and iron.
- Environmental impact of the Contact and Sonoma mercury mines on water, sediment, and biota in Anna Belcher and Little Sulphur Creek watersheds, Sonoma County, California [New Window]
- Data from field sampling of tailings, waste rock, sediment, and water at the mines, along with water, sediment, and biota in a pond and tributaries that drain from the mine area, to help assess the chemical hazards due to historic mining.