Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Abandoned mines and quarries
Mines and quarries that have been abandoned and may expose harmful chemicals to the environment.
- Chemical data for rock, sediment, biological, precipitate, and water samples from abandoned copper mines in Prince William Sound, Alaska [New Window]
- Report containing tables of geochemical data
- Case study of the environmental signature of a recently abandoned, carbonate-hosted replacement deposit: The Clayton Mine, Idaho [New Window]
- Multi-element geochemical analysis of host rock, ore, mine waste, flotation-mill tailings, slag, stream sediments, creek and adit waters, and leachates of mine waste and mill tailings.
- Chemical Composition of Samples Collected from Waste Rock Dumps and Other Mining-Related Features at Selected Phosphate Mines in Southeastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, and Northern Utah [New Window]
- Chemical analyses for 31 samples collected from various phosphate mine sites in southeastern Idaho (25), northern Utah (2), and western Wyoming (4)
- Digital database of mining-related features at selected historic and active phosphate mines, Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, and Caribou Counties, Idaho [New Window]
- Spatial database that delineates mining-related features in areas of historic and active phosphate mining.
- Geochemical and mineralogical characterization of the abandoned Valzinco (lead-zinc) and Mitchell (gold) mine sites prior to reclamation, Spotsylvania County, Virginia [New Window]
- Geochemical data for all solid sample media, along with mineralogical data, and results of weathering experiments on Valzinco tailings and field experiments on sediment accumulation in Knights Branch.
- Geochemical characterization of drainage prior to reclamation at the abandoned Valzinco mine, Spotsylvania County, Virginia [New Window]
- Geochemical analysis of water samples to provide a pre-reclamation assessment of seasonal variations of acid and metal concentrations in Knight's Branch help evaluate the reclamation project.
- Determination of premining geochemical background and delineation of extent of sediment contamination in Blue Creek downstream from Midnite Mine, Stevens county, Washington [New Window]
- Geochemical and radionuclide analyses of surface samples and cores taken near the outflow of this old uranium mine.
- Digital map of surficial geology, wetlands, and deepwater habitats, Coeur d'Alene river valley, Idaho [New Window]
- Details of materials and geologic environments in an area where a long history of mining has enriched stream sediments in silver, lead, zinc, arsenic, antimony and mercury, copper, cadmium, manganese, and iron.
- Geochemical analysis of soils and sediments, Coeur d'Alene drainage basin, Idaho: Sampling, analytical methods, and results [New Window]
- Chemical composition of sediments and soils are of interest because of the potential for human and wildlife health impacts from high metal contents due to over 100 years of mining activity.
- Geochemical characterization of mine waste at the Ely Copper Mine superfund site, Orange County, Vermont [New Window]
- An environmental impact study is done for the abandoned Ely copper mine. The extent of contamination is studyed along with the type and chemical composition of the mine waste piles.