Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Drilling and coring
Cutting into the subsurface, for example into underground strata, ice, or a tree trunk, to remove material for examination. Intended for broad use wherever coring is done. The combination of this term with other terms will convey the context of the activity.
This category is also used for core sampling, and coring.
- Geochemical analysis of soils and sediments, Coeur d'Alene drainage basin, Idaho: Sampling, analytical methods, and results [New Window]
- Chemical composition of sediments and soils are of interest because of the potential for human and wildlife health impacts from high metal contents due to over 100 years of mining activity.
- Geochemical and stable isotopic data on barren and mineralized drill core in the Devonian Popovich Formation, Screamer sector of the Betze-Post gold deposit, northern Carlin trend, Nevada [New Window]
- Detailed chemical and isotopic analysis of host and associated rocks within an area that is currently the largest producer of gold in the US. Part of a study of the hydrothermal activity leading to the formation of these gold deposits.
- Geochemical data for core and bottom-sediment samples collected in 2007 from Grand Lake o' the Cherokees, northeast Oklahoma [New Window]
- In this area of historical lead-zinc mining activity, studies such as this help to assess the possibility of human exposure to cadmium and lead through eating fish.
- Physical-property measurements on core samples from drill-holes DB-1 and DB-2, Blue Mountain Geothermal Prospect [New Window]
- Density and magnetic susceptibility measurements to assist in interpretation of gravity and magnetic anomaly data
- Radionuclide data and calculations and loss-on-ignition, X-ray fluorescence, and ICP-AES data from cores in catchments of the Animas river, Colorado [New Window]
- Results from sediment cores collected during 1997-1999 oxbow lakes and beaver ponds to assess impact of historic mining and exposed mineral deposits on the quality of the water and the aquatic and riparian habitats.
- Solid-phase data from cores at the proposed Dewey Burdock uranium in-situ recovery mine, near Edgemont, South Dakota [New Window]
- Geochemical and mineralogical analysis of uranium-bearing sandstone in order to help understand mineral deposits of this type.
- Determination of premining geochemical background and delineation of extent of sediment contamination in Blue Creek downstream from Midnite Mine, Stevens county, Washington [New Window]
- Geochemical and radionuclide analyses of surface samples and cores taken near the outflow of this old uranium mine.
- Geologic and mineralogic controls on acid and metal-rich rock drainage in an alpine watershed, Handcard Gulch, Colorado [New Window]
- Mineralogical data on samples from the surface and from drill cores, with geological observations help to understand the hydrology and effects of geology on acid-rock drainage in a mineralized alpine watershed.
- Mineralogic causes of variations in magnetic susceptibility of late Pleistocene and Holocene sediment from Great Salt Lake, Utah [New Window]
- Results of magnetic susceptibility (MS) measurements and magnetic mineralogy of sediments sampled in three cores from the south basin of Great Salt Lake
- Modeling of the Climax Stock and related plutons based on the inversion of magnetic data, southwest Nevada [New Window]
- Mathematical modeling, coupled with new observations of magnetic susceptibility, yield better estimates of the underground configuration of granite plutons.