Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Branch of earth sciences concerned with the study of naturally occurring inorganic elements or compounds.
This category is also used for gemology, and crystallography.
- Acid-rock drainage at Skytop, Centre County, Pennsylvania, 2004 [New Window]
- Databases and simplified geology for mineralized areas, claims, mines, and prospects in Wyoming. [New Window]
- This data release contains mineral resource and geology data for metallic and nonmetallic mineral sites in Wyoming. Data is provided in both spreadsheet format (Microsoft Excel) and in GIS ArcView and MapInfo. Text available in PDF format.
- Examination of Libby, Montana, Fill Material for Background Levels of Amphibole from the Rainy Creek Complex Using Scanning Electron Microscopy and X-Ray Microanalysis [New Window]
- Sample locations and descriptions, with compositional analysis to constrain the natural background levels of fibrous amphiboles potentially derived from the nearby Rainy Creek Complex.
- Geochemical and mineralogic characterization of solids and their effects on waters in metal-mining environments, in Seal, R.R., II, and Foley, N.K., eds., Progress on geoenvironmental models for selected mineral deposit types [New Window]
- Geochemical and mineralogical characterization of the abandoned Valzinco (lead-zinc) and Mitchell (gold) mine sites prior to reclamation, Spotsylvania County, Virginia [New Window]
- Geochemical data for all solid sample media, along with mineralogical data, and results of weathering experiments on Valzinco tailings and field experiments on sediment accumulation in Knights Branch.
- Geologic and mineralogic controls on acid and metal-rich rock drainage in an alpine watershed, Handcard Gulch, Colorado [New Window]
- Mineralogical data on samples from the surface and from drill cores, with geological observations help to understand the hydrology and effects of geology on acid-rock drainage in a mineralized alpine watershed.
- Particle size characterization of water-elutriated Libby amphibole 2000 and RTI International amosite [New Window]
- Morphological data on fibrous mineral particles from an old vermiculite mine that has been a subject of environmental health investigations
- User's guide to Handlens--A computer program that calculates the chemistry of minerals in mixtures [New Window]