Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Natural resource assessment
Estimation of the actual or potential value of natural materials and processes.
This category is also used for resource assessment.
- Geology, geochemistry, geophysics, mineral occurrences, and mineral resource assessment for the commonwealth of Puerto Rico [New Window]
- Geologic map with faults, along with additional scientific information needed for mineral resource assessment (geochemical analyses, mineral occurrences, geologic terranes, and estimated undiscovered resources)
- Global mineral resource assessment--porphyry copper assessment of Mexico [New Window]
- Includes known resources and permissive tracts with estimates of the number of undiscovered resources likely to be present in the permissive tracts.
- Preliminary non-fuel mineral resource assessment of Afghanistan 2007 [New Window]
- Description and estimated amounts of resources with supporting data for use in GIS
- Quantitative mineral resource assessment of copper, molybdenum, gold, and silver in undiscovered porphyry copper deposits in the Andes Mountains of South America [New Window]
- Regional tracts of land where the geology is permissive for the occurrence of undiscovered porphyry copper deposits, with probabilistic estimates of undiscovered resources, along with tables of discovered deposits and prospects.
- Rare earth element mineralogy, geochemistry, and preliminary resource assessment of the Khanneshin carbonatite complex, Helmand Province, Afghanistan [New Window]
- Geological setting, characteristics of the deposit itself, and detailed geochemical analyses of rocks in and around the deposit.
- Short course introduction to quantitative mineral resource assessments [New Window]
- Presentation materials and notes in PDF
- 1998 Assessment of undiscovered deposits of gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc in the United States [New Window]
- Estimates of the tonnages and amounts of contained metal in undiscovered deposits, mineral deposit types.
- A Microsoft Windows version of the MARK3 Monte-Carlo mineral resource simulator [New Window]
- Software for mineral resource assessments
- Available sand and gravel resources in southern New Hampshire [New Window]
- Estimates thickness of sand and gravel resources available in this broad area using geology, topography, land cover, and ground-water level.
- Estimated gravel resources of the Soucook River valley, Loudon, New Hampshire, 7.5' Quadrangle using improved techniques for assessing gravel resources in glaciofluvial deposits [New Window]
- Images and text from a poster session (Geological Society of America Northeastern Section) showing methodology and results for an example