Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Neutron activation analysis
Sensitive laboratory technique for both qualitative and quantitative analysis of elements in samples. Target nuclei are bombarded with neutron beams to start nuclear reactions which emit characteristic gamma ray radiations.
- Alaska Geochemical Database [New Window]
- Geochemical analyses of rock, sediment, soil, mineral, and heavy mineral concentrate samples in Alaska analyzed from 1962 through 2009
- Alaska Geochemical Database (AGDB)-Geochemical data for rock, sediment, soil, mineral, and concentrate sample media [New Window]
- Geochemical analyses of rocks, mineral separates, bulk samples from lake and stream sediments, heavy mineral concentrates, and soils collected by USGS from 1962 to 2009.
- Lithogeochemistry of mineralized and altered rock samples from the northern Talkeetna Mountains, south-central Alaska [New Window]
- Chemical analysis of 201 samples of rocks thought to be altered or mineralized in an area containing numerous mines.
- National Geochemical Database: Rock [New Window]
- Geochemical analysis of rock samples collected and analyzed by the USGS. This dataset includes and supersedes rock data formerly released as "Geochemistry of igneous rocks in the US extracted from the PLUTO database"
- Uranium in surface waters and sediments affected by historical mining in the Denver West 1:100,000 quadrangle, Colorado [New Window]
- Geochemical analysis of stream waters and sediments in mountainous areas immediately west of Denver, Colorado, to evaluate the concentration and distribution of uranium-bearing acid drainage originating from historical mines