Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Areas where refuse is dumped. [USGS Circ 1048]
This category is also used for dumps, incinerators, landfills, mine dumps, refuse disposal sites, sanitary landfills, scrap yards, slag heaps, tailing ponds, tailings, waste disposal sites, and wrecking yards.
Alexandria Digital Library Feature Type Thesaurus
- Geochemical analyses of rock, sediment, and water from the region in and around the Tuba City landfill, Tuba City, Arizona [New Window]
- Regional samples of rock, sediment, leachates, and water were collected in and around the TCL site and analyzed for major and minor elements and radionuclides
- Gravity study of the Guernsey landfill site, Guernsey, Wyoming [New Window]
- Gravity measurements and surveyed topography data
- Photographs of historical mining operations in Colorado and Utah [New Window]
- A collection of photographs of mine sites, mining operations, and tailings taken prior to 1980 at a variety of sites throughout Colorado and Utah.
- Results of electrical resistivity data collected near the town of Guernsey, Platte county, Wyoming [New Window]
- A study to investigate subsurface geologic conditions as they relate to ground-water flow in an abandoned landfill.
- Whole rock geochemistry and grain-size analyses from sediment and rock near Tuba City Open Dump, Tuba City, Arizona [New Window]
- Chemical analysis of geological materials at this EPA Superfund site located on lands of the Hopi and Navajo nations, which may contain mine waste.