Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Geospatial data format developed by ESRI, Inc. Typically this term refers to three coupled digital files, provided together, in which the geographic information is encoded in two, one whose extension is .shp, the other having extension .shx, and the attribute information is encoded in a third having extension .dbf.
- 1998 Assessment of undiscovered deposits of gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc in the United States [New Window]
- Estimates of the tonnages and amounts of contained metal in undiscovered deposits, mineral deposit types.
- Active mines and mineral plants in the US [New Window]
- Mine plants and operations for commodities monitored by the National Minerals Information Center of the USGS. Operations included are those considered active in 2003 and surveyed by the USGS.
- Aeromagnetic and gravity maps of the central Marysvale volcanic field, southwestern Utah [New Window]
- Maps (no data) depicting aeromagnetic and Bouguer gravity anomaly in the study area. Report discusses rock sample density and magnetic properties, but data are buried in PDF tables.
- Aeromagnetic and gravity surveys in Afghanistan [New Window]
- Collection of historical gravity and aeromagnetic data in Afghanistan (1911 through 1967)
- Aeromagnetic expression of buried basaltic volcanoes near Yucca Mountain, Nevada [New Window]
- Mathematical modeling and analysis of aeromagnetic anomaly data (gridded data provide in another report).
- Airborne electromagnetic and magnetic geophysical survey data of the Yukon Flats and Fort Wainwright areas, central Alaska, June 2010 [New Window]
- Study to estimate the 3-D distribution of permafrost, to evaluate the effectiveness of these methods at mapping permafrost geometry, and to better define the physical properties of the subsurface in discontinuous permafrost areas.
- Airborne hyperspectral survey of Afghanistan 2007: Flight line planning and HyMap data collection [New Window]
- Planning of the airborne survey and the flight lines that were flown, includes digital files of the nadir tracks of the flight lines.
- Alabama geologic map data [New Window]
- A GIS database of geologic units and structural features in Alabama, with lithology, age, data structure, and format written and arranged just like the other states.
- Alaska Geochemical Database [New Window]
- Geochemical analyses of rock, sediment, soil, mineral, and heavy mineral concentrate samples in Alaska analyzed from 1962 through 2009
- Alaska geologic map data [New Window]
- A GIS database of geologic units and structural features in Alaska, with lithology, age, data structure, and format written and arranged just like the other states.