Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Data file in a format used by numerous early PC-based database management systems. Used as a component of shapefiles to hold the attributes of geographic features.
This category is also used for .dbf file, and dBase file.
- Alaska Resource Data File [New Window]
- A comprehensive database of Alaskan mineral deposits compiled from the published literature and from unpublished reports and data from industry, the US Bureau of Land Management, and USGS.
- Active mines and mineral plants in the US [New Window]
- Mine plants and operations for commodities monitored by the National Minerals Information Center of the USGS. Operations included are those considered active in 2003 and surveyed by the USGS.
- An index to PGE-Ni-Cr deposits and occurrences in selected mineral-occurrence databases (web-accessible database) [New Window]
- A compendium of references to previously published databases and database records that describe PGE, nickel, and chromium deposits and occurrences. These data show where to obtain more detailed information about each deposit or occurrence.
- Analytical Results and Sample Locality Map for Rock, Stream-Sediment, and Soil Samples, Northern and Eastern Colorado Desert BLM Resource Area, Imperial, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties, California [New Window]
- A geochemical survey of the Bureau of Land Management's 5.5 million-acre Northern and Eastern Colorado Desert Resource Area
- Analytical Results and Sample Locations of Reanalyzed NURE Stream-Sediment and Soil Samples for the Humboldt River Basin Mineral-Environmental Assessment, Northern Nevada [New Window]
- The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) collected stream-sediment and soil samples in order to evaluate the geochemistry of the Humboldt River Basin.
- Analytical results for stream sediment and soil samples from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Isla de Culebra, and Isla de Vieques [New Window]
- Geochemical data from 2560 stream sediment samples collected in Puerto Rico, 421 soil samples collected on Isla de Vieques, and 35 soil samples were collected on Isla de Culebra, analyzed by semiquantitative spectrographic methods.
- Asbestos mines, prospects, and occurrences in the US [New Window]
- Location and mineralogical characteristics of former mines, prospects, and occurrences of asbestos in the continental US. No asbestos producing mines are currently active. Data here are drawn from several previously published reports.
- Case study of the environmental signature of a recently abandoned, carbonate-hosted replacement deposit: The Clayton Mine, Idaho [New Window]
- Multi-element geochemical analysis of host rock, ore, mine waste, flotation-mill tailings, slag, stream sediments, creek and adit waters, and leachates of mine waste and mill tailings.
- Chemical analyses of soils and other surficial materials of the conterminous US [New Window]
- Geochemistry of soils and other regoliths collected and analyzed by Hans Shacklette and colleagues from 1958 until about 1976.
- Digital data for the geology of the Prince William Sound and Kenai Peninsula region, Alaska [New Window]
- Digital geologic map information with a consistent set of attributes, part of a national compilation of similar maps. Available in formats compatible with GIS.