Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Hypertext markup language tables, if written simply and without additional annotation, serve as a data format and can be imported in a number of current applications.
- Active mines and mineral plants in the US [New Window]
- Mine plants and operations for commodities monitored by the National Minerals Information Center of the USGS. Operations included are those considered active in 2003 and surveyed by the USGS.
- Alaska Resource Data File [New Window]
- A comprehensive database of Alaskan mineral deposits compiled from the published literature and from unpublished reports and data from industry, the US Bureau of Land Management, and USGS.
- An index to PGE-Ni-Cr deposits and occurrences in selected mineral-occurrence databases (web-accessible database) [New Window]
- A compendium of references to previously published databases and database records that describe PGE, nickel, and chromium deposits and occurrences. These data show where to obtain more detailed information about each deposit or occurrence.
- Asbestos mines, prospects, and occurrences in the US [New Window]
- Location and mineralogical characteristics of former mines, prospects, and occurrences of asbestos in the continental US. No asbestos producing mines are currently active. Data here are drawn from several previously published reports.
- Bedrock and soil geochemistry from Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota [New Window]
- Analyses to establish the background and baseline geochemistry for bedrock and soil in the region, and to determine terrestrial mercury sources and sinks in the park
- Carbonatites of the world, explored deposits of Nb and REE [New Window]
- Data on 60 of the 527 known carbonatites in the world, providing reliable quantitative data on ore tonnages and grades of niobium and REE.
- Chemical analyses of soils and other surficial materials of the conterminous US [New Window]
- Geochemistry of soils and other regoliths collected and analyzed by Hans Shacklette and colleagues from 1958 until about 1976.
- Estimated gravel resources of the Soucook River valley, Loudon, New Hampshire, 7.5' Quadrangle using improved techniques for assessing gravel resources in glaciofluvial deposits [New Window]
- Images and text from a poster session (Geological Society of America Northeastern Section) showing methodology and results for an example
- Geochemistry of sediments in the US from the PLUTO database [New Window]
- Geochemical data for unconsolidated sediments (stream sediments, lake sediments, etc.) collected in the US and analyzed by the USGS. These data were originally entered in the PLUTO database, which is now merged into the National Geochemistry Database.
- Geochemistry of soils in the US from the PLUTO database [New Window]
- Geochemical data for soils collected in the United States and analyzed by the USGS. The data were originally entered into the in-house PLUTO database. This is a subset of DDS-47.