Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Characteristics of bedrock and surficial geologic terranes and structural
features at various levels of detail. The information provided here are
intended for use in the synoptic study of large areas, and are likely not
suitable for detailed study of geographically specific localities.
- Geology of the conterminous United States
- A digital version of the Geologic Map of the United States, originally published at a scale of 1:2,500,000 (King and Beikman, 1974b). It excludes Alaska and Hawaii.
- State Geologic Map Compilation
- Digital geologic maps of the US states with consistent lithology, age, GIS database structure, and format
- World geology
- General geologic map of the world
- World geology compiled by the Geological Survey of Canada at approximately 1:35,000,000 scale, published there as Open File Report 2915.
- GIS data from the World Petroleum Assessment
- Includes geologic units and structural features at a broad scale for continents outside North America
- An international effort to improve the availability and integration of world geologic map data