Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Mineral Resources > Online Spatial Data > Geology > by state
Geologic units containing dunite
A plutonic rock with M equal to or greater than 90 and ol/(ol+opx+cpx) greater than 90%
- Ultramafic Rocks (Early Paleozoic - Late Precambrian (?))
- Ultramafic Rocks - Chiefly serpentinite with partly to completely altered dunite, peridotite, pyroxenite, and massive to schistose soapstone; talc-carbonate rock and altered gabbro are common in some bodies.
- Ultramafic Rocks (Ordovician)
- Ultramafic Rocks - Dunite, peridotite, and serpentinite
- Pre-Tertiary dunite intrusive rocks (Middle Jurassic)
- Dunite associated with serpentine on Cypress Island in San Juan Islands and on Mount Chopaka near Oroville in Okanogan County.
- Tertiary dunite intrusive rocks (Late Cretaceous)
- An intimate mixture of saxonite and dunite, partly serpentinized; Twin Sisters mountain area of Whatcom and Skagit Counties. Predominantly dunite and associated serpentinite in Jumbo Mountain area of central Snohomish County.