Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
Mineral Resources > Online Spatial Data > Geology > by state
Geologic units containing norite
A plutonic rock satisfying the definition of gabbro, in which pl/(pl+px+ol) is between 10 and 90% and opx/(opx+cpx) is greater than 95%.
- Hornblende norite (Devonian?)
- Hornblende norite - Dark, coarse-grained, massive rock, composed of bytownite, hornblende, and hypersthene.
- Litchfield Norite (Middle? Ordovician)
- Litchfield Norite - Dark, medium- to coarse-grained, mostly massive mafic rock (olivine norite, quartz norite, hypersthene pyroxenite), composed of labradorite, hypersthene, augite, and olivine in varying proportions, also hornblende and biotite (and minor quartz in quartz norite). Associated with small mineral deposits of pyrrhotite, pentlandite, and chalcopyrite.
- Diorite, gabbro, and granite; Jurassic to Triassic plutons; western Idaho, Blue Mountains island-arc complex (Jurassic to Triassic)
- Lower Mesozoic intrusions; localized near the Snake Canyon of western Idaho.
- Meladiorite and norite (Devonian)
- Meladiorite and norite - Weakly to moderately foliated; intrudes Dl.
- Baltimore Gabbro Complex (Late Precambrian (?) - Early Paleozoic )
- Baltimore Gabbro Complex - Hypersthene gabbro with subordinate amounts of olivine gabbro, norite, anorthositic gabbro, and pyroxenite; igneous minerals and textures well preserved in some rocks, other rocks exhibit varying degrees of alteration and recrystallization with a new metamorphic mineral assemblage.
- New York
- Biotite augite norite (Upper Ordovician)
- Biotite augite norite
- Gabbro or norite to hornblende diorite (Upper Ordovician)
- Gabbro or norite to hornblende diorite - rock complex with minor pyroxenite; Croton Falls and Peach Lake complexes in New York, and Mt. Prospect Complex in Connecticut.
- Hornblende norite (Upper Ordovician)
- Hornblende norite - hornblende is poikilitic.
- Hornblende-plagioclase Gabbro (Proterozoic)
- Hornblende Gabbro in Carolina Slate Belt; Hornblende-Plagioclase Gabbro in Central Virginia Volcanic-Plutonic Belt; Gabbro, Hornblendite and Norite in Central Piedmont
- Metanorite and Metadiorite (Proterozoic Y)
- Metanorite and Metadiorite - Metanorite and metadiorite
- Rich Acres Formation (Cambrian)
- Rich Acres Formation - Norite, metagabbro, and diorite.
- Laramide Anorthosite Complex--anorthosite and norite (Proterozoic | Mesoproterozoic)
- LARAMIE ANORTHOSITE COMPLEX--Anorthosite and norite. In Laramie Mountains.