Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
> Online Spatial Data
> by state
How to get color for lithology in the state geologic maps using QGIS
This is a QML file generated from the colors shown in https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1314/ that accounts for some variation in how lithology is written in the state geologic map compilation.
Here is how you use it:
- Open a new QGIS map. Add geologic unit data such as VTgeol_dd shapefile.
- Double-click the layer name, choose Style on the left side.
- Near the bottom of the window, find the pop-up menu labeled Style; click it.
- Choose Load Style from the pop-up menu
- Navigate to lithclass.qml where you downloaded it. Click Open.
- Click Apply or OK. The map will now be symbolized using this color scheme.