Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data
> Online Spatial Data
> by state
How to get color for lithology in the state geologic maps using ArcMap
This is a modified version of https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1314/styles_folder/lith6_2.style in which the "Name" field of the "Fill Symbols" field is converted to lower case.
Here is how you use it:
- Open a new ArcMap project. Add geologic unit data such as VTgeol_dd shapefile.
- Right click the layer name, select Properties, choose the Symbology tab.
- On the left, click Categories, choose "Match to symbols in a style"
- Choose ROCKTYPE1 as the Value Field
- Under "Match to symbols in Style" click Browse button, navigate to lith6_2.style. Click Open to select this style.
- Click the button labeled "Match Symbols" below the (currently mostly empty) table of values. Matched values will appear in the table, with the corresponding color.
- Click Apply or OK. The map will now be symbolized using this color scheme.