|Current site name||Foster Hungerford|
|Alternate or previous names||Empire, Alaska Group|
|Geographic coordinates:||-147.39796, 65.06968 (WGS84)|
|Relative position||The Foster Hungerford prospect is located above Chatham Creek approximately 1 mile northwest of the Christina prospect (ARDF no. LG146); SW1/4 sec. 20, T. 3 N., R. 2 E., of the Fairbanks Meridian.|
|(click for info)|
|Materials||Type of material|
|Agency||Database name||Acronym||Record ID||Notes|
|USGS||Alaska Resource Data File||ARDF||LG140|
Hill, J.M., 1933, Lode deposits of the Fairbanks District, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 849-B, p. 29-163.
Freeman, C.J., 1992, 1991 Golden Summit project final report, volume 2: Historical summary of lode mines and prospects in the Golden Summit project area, Alaska: Avalon Development Corp., 159 p. (Report held by Freegold Recovery Inc. USA, Vancouver, British Columbia.)
Chapin, Theodore, 1914, Lode mining near Fairbanks, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 592-J, p. 321-355.
|Subject category||Comment text|
|Deposit||Model Name = Gold-quartz vein.|
|Deposit||Other Comments = The first known reference to the Foster Hungerford prospect dates to the winter of 1911-1912 when Mr. Foster and Mr. Hungerford acquired a lease on the New York, Blarney Stone, Comstock and Stockholm claims (Times Publishing Company, 1912). These claims were then known as the Empire group and were owned by the Empire Mining Company. By 1931, Fred M. Wackwitz had staked the ground under the Alaska claim group (Hill, 1933).|
|Reporter||04-MAY-1999||C.J. Freeman, J.R. Guidetti Schaefer||Avalon Development Corporation|